Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

As soon as the holidays are over, I always find myself yearning for a bit of a change - looking ahead towards spring, even though the weather is still cold. I start getting tired of all the dark, wintery colors and want to shake things up by incorporating some spring pieces into my look.

I wore this flowy pink skirt to an outdoor party last spring and even though I really like it, I haven't gotten to wear it much since. The light hue definitely nods to the pastels that we see more of during the spring, yet the length allows it to be worn during colder months - all it takes are the right styling and accessories. I paired it with a loose black sweater, a floppy beanie, and combat boots to keep me cozy. In addition to keeping me warm, they offset the girliness of the skirt and make things a bit more casual.

I topped the look off with a long silver necklace, sunnies and a healthy dose of rings and bracelets - there's really no such thing as too much here.

1. Sunglasses via Free People     2. Sweater via Dorothy Perkins     3. Beanie via All Saints
4. Skirt via Republic     5. Necklace via Nasty Gal     6. Boots by Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment